Friday, July 24, 2009

Thoughts from Samantha
I catch my self wondering about the subject a lot. I feel that we are all here for a reason. I don't believe life is something to be taken advantage of. And I constantly find myself back at the same old question. What's the point of religion. I was raised in a totally christian background. We went to church every sunday morning, and if for some reason we didn't we would read children's books about jesus and gods miracles. Church was just a part of life. but what church represented was not a part of life. What most people view as religion or spirituality is really just people create to make a common habit out of a group of people. Church is a performance and we have begun to replace god with how good our performances are. I think people need to get a reality check and back up an look at "religion" as a more whole view. Todays most popular religions, or at least all the ones I have looked at, all share the most basic points. These points being; Be nice to one another, Do good not evil, Don't do anything that is going to cause more harm than good in the long run, and Keep yourself responsible of yourself.(Be who you are). So because I keep getting distracted I am going to try and keep this last part short. since all religions share common points, all religions are basically the same, with only cultural differences, therefore the specific head honcho is really not all that important in the scheme of things. Which makes the cultural differences the reason that in different locations different head honchos are chosen. Depending on the background and culture of where the most common religions were first established is what the head honcho is going to be. That areas best guess at what perfect would be. So is there nesceacily a god, maybe not but there is a sense of spirit or knowledge or  whole well being-ness or a more abstract sense of what peace/perfectness should be. it has adapted into religion to make us more likely to listen and think and make choices dependent upon its own thoughts.

Okay I am done writting. I am tired and Anna wants to check her facebook. So I dont really know how to do a good bye that represents me with out seeming gaudy and fake. So I am just going to say bye. So bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment